With our years of experience, Johnson LHG has the expertise in lapping a wide range of materials. Our proprietary water based lapping compound is used on all materials, including titanium. With this compound we are able to provide a fine finish, extremely accurate size, and a cost savings that is passed on to our customers.
We’ve invested in multiple lapping machines in each of three sizes (12″, 24″, and 64″) to eliminate job delays. This duplication assures delivery of JIT/ASAP orders and on-time delivery of all orders, large or small. 0.90″ in diameter up to 24″ in diameter. Lengths up to 18″. We specialize in prototypes and production services for fine microfinishing and tolerances.
- 5 – SpeedFam 64″ Machines. Up to 24″ diameter part capacity and, with special fixturing, up to 32″ diameter parts.
- 4 – SpeedFam 24″ Machines. Up to 9″ diameter parts.
- 2 – SpeedFam 12″ Machines. 4 1/2″ diameter rings, for microfinishing small parts.
- Prototype and high volume production.
- Short turn around time.
- Diamond polishing of carbon seals and carbide seals in small lots.
- Lapping of all materials without generating waste disposal problems. See our materials list for more details.
Lapping Inspection Equipment
- Mitutoya Digimatic Height Gages at each work station and in both QC Rooms.
Used for in-process and final inspection.
- SPC reporting printout capability from above gages for documentation.
- Sheffield Profilometers for gaging surface finish.
- Optical equipment for checking flatness in the Helium light band range.
- Multiple size micrometers for inspection.
- Starret Micrometers 0″ to 12″ capacity.
- Dial Snap Gages